Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tip: What's Your Target?

When engaging a claw machine, it's important to set a realistic goal for yourself. The object of your play cannot be to win a specific prize--say, the red Angry Bird plushie in the right corner or the licensed Chicago Bulls hat in the front. Claw machines are not about getting what you want, they are about getting something. The most crucial tip I can share with you is to set your sights on what will be easiest to win, not what catches your fancy. Your claw machine joy should come from your successes, not the prizes themselves.

So maybe you've won an unsightly mouse plushie filled with what seems to be insulation, but at least you've won. The mark of a successful claw machine run is to first revel in your success, then examine your prize while shrugging, "Ugh, now what?"*

Stay tuned for future tips on how to pinpoint the easiest targets in the machine!

*Give them to a pet or child in your life, or look like a hero and offer it to a nearby child.


My name is Brooke and I am fortunate enough to be named Claw Machine Review's Chicago correspondent. I was raised on both classic and modern arcade games, with a full-sized pinball machine in my home.  My father trained me well on claw machines, and I currently have about a 50% claw machine success rate. Check out my life-style blog,  The Broke Brog, and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment