Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tip: No Buried Treasure

As I shared with all of you claw machine enthusiasts last, the first trick to a successful claw is to want what you can get, not to get what you want. This will be the first in a series of tips on how to spot your easiest target.

I've never witnessed nor participated in the filling of a claw machine with its prizes. I have a suspicion that each Claw Machine Technician is trained not only in how the technology works, but also in the psychology of prize placement. Most often--especially with plush prizes--the items have been wedged between one another very purposefully. This is a strategy to make it difficult to just pluck your winnings from the pile.

To overcome the obstacle of the tight-squeeze, peel your eyes for animals that have come loose. Preferably if has such things, all four legs, the tail, the head, and the rump should all be freed from the other plushies. After spotting a claw machine and approaching it, this is the first thing I scope prior to inserting my money. If every single item is wedged against another, do not waste your money! While each claw is different and is programmed with its own grab strength, none are designed to do any kind of yanking. Don't be foolish, claw machine enthusiasts!

Keep an eye out for next time, when I explain why the prize's location in the chamber makes a difference. You can find all of my tips here.

My name is Brooke and I am fortunate enough to be named Claw Machine Review's Chicago correspondent. I was raised on both classic and modern arcade games, with a full-sized pinball machine in my home.  My father trained me well on claw machines, and I currently have about a 50% claw machine success rate. Check out my life-style blog,  The Broke Brog, and say hello!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new claw machine addict and had my own adventures for the past 5 months. I'm also a fan of adorable stuffed toys whether they are animals or characters from movies and cartoons. It's one of the reasons why I cannot resist playing the claw machine whenever I see one. I guess, I still have the child-like quality in me :D

    www.cuddleski@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with your tip! Sometimes if there are only ugly prized up for grabs, I don't even bother trying. Or if there's something I want under an ugly prize, then I'll try to get the ugly one for the sake of having a chance at the prize I want!

    Great blog! Wished I lived in your area so I could go try out some of those machines. I just added you to my blogroll on my blog. Come check it out sometime! :) We Claw Gamers need to stick together! :)

    http://clawmachinedream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete